In this episode of Bars, Plates & Protein Shakes, Amir is joined by Luke Starr who is a former part owner of one of Australia’s top performing Crossfit facilities – Crossfit Active.
Luke has extensive experience in taking Crossfit athletes to the top, even to Crossfit Games level and he talks about a bunch of things like:
- Can Crossfit be used as a strength and conditioning program in itself
- What his thoughts are on using weightlifting for athletes such as football players and fighters
- How do movements like the O lifts change for the sport of Crossfit and how that effects the training requirements and goals
- What he thinks is the best background of sporting an aspiring Crossfit athlete can come from and do great in the long term
- The hierarchy of importance of skills and abilities that transfer over best to Crossfit
- His strength recommendations in terms of minimum amount of squat, deadlift, muscle up and a whole stack of other movements for Crossfit
- Why are Crossfit girls so jacked and tanned?
- The Crossfit culture
Tell us what you think and remember to subscribe and share!